Court Ordered Service
If you have court-ordered community service hours to complete, you can find appropriate opportunities in our searchable database.
STEP 1: CREATE A HANDS ON ACCOUNT
To sign up for projects or express interest in referral opportunities our Partner Agencies advertise through Volunteer Connection, you must first be registered on this site. Visit the Get Started page to create your account.
STEP 2: FIND APPROPRIATE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
There is one way to find volunteer opportunities where court-ordered volunteers are permitted. From the "Search Opportunities" Page:
Enter all required information in the "Basic Search Box"
- Be sure under "Additional Filters" you click "Appropriate For"
- Check the box for "Court Ordered Volunteers"
- Select any other filters you wish to search by
- Click "Refine"
STEP 3: EXPRESS INTEREST/SIGN UP
Depending upon the type of referral project you select, you will be given the choice to:
- Express Interest: The community organization will contact you directly with further information about the opportunity and how to sign up. An automated e-mail will also be sent to you, with contact information for the community organization, so that you can follow up with them if you do not get a response.
- Sign Up: You will be automatically signed up for that project and will receive a confirmation e-mail containing all of the information you will need.
STEP 4: CONTACT AGENCIES DIRECTLY
By law, you must notify any organization you wish to volunteer for that you have court-ordered community service hours to complete and provide information on the nature of your offense. Make sure that you communicate this before you participate.
STEP 5: VERIFY HOURS
Whenever you attend a project, we strongly recommend that you get a community organization official to verify the hours you have served immediatlely at the end of the project. It is often difficult to get verification of hours at a later date.