For Nonprofit Partners & Community Organizations
Nonprofit and community organizations in Boulder and Broomfield Counties are invited to participate as Project Hosts in the 24th annual Day of Caring on Friday, September 7, 2018. Projects take place from 8am-12pm.
Benefits to hosting a Day of Caring project:
- Day of Caring is an opportunity to engage volunteers to complete needed projects and utilize a variety of valuable skills and talents.
- Day of Caring allows you to build relationships that may turn one-time volunteers into lifetime supporters, donors and volunteers.
- Day of Caring allows you to build new relationships and/or strengthen existing relationships with the business community.
- Day of Caring allows you to showcase your agency and educate community members about the valuable services you provide and the population you serve.
- Days of Service foster the ethic of volunteerism.
Steps to Becoming A Project Host:
Step 1: Make sure your organization is a Partner Agency with Volunteer Connection.
If you are unsure you can visit our Browse Organizations page and search for your organization's name. If your organization is not a partner visit the About Partnership page to learn more and register to create a free account. If your organization has an account but you do not have a user account with the organization please contact Kat Arnedo.
Step 2: Register to become a Project Host
Please complete this brief form so we know you would like to host a project for Day of Caring.
Step 3: If you or your organization is new to Day of Caring and/or unfamiliar with our HandsOn Connect platform, RSVP for a HandsOn Connect Workshop.
All Day of Caring projects are posted on our HandsOn Connect volunteer management platform. This workshop will walk through the steps of posting your Day of Caring project and also cover how to use the platform to post ongoing and special event volunteer opportunities.
HandsOn Connect workshop: Thursday, June 7, 9-10am at Foothills United Way. If you would like to attend this workshop, please RSVP to Kat Arnedo by June 1.
Step 4: Plan Your Project(s).
Identify one or more projects suitable for a group of volunteers to complete in 4 hours. Determine the number of volunteers needed to complete the project and create a fun and interesting description of the project.
Step 5: Post Your Project Online
Submit your Day of Caring project online from June 9-July 21.
Foothills United Way will recruit the volunteers for your project(s). Once you have signed-up to become a Project Host you will receive a Project Host toolkit including a Day of Caring overview, timeline, additional workshop dates and steps to success.
If you have questions about hosting a project please email Kat Arnedo at firstname.lastname@example.org